Juicing is technique of squeezing juice from fruits and vegetables. Although from times bygone, many procedures of extraction of vegetable and fruit juices are in practice, yet the most popular one is through the use of a gadget known as juicer, which is a highly developed ultramodern machine. The liquid resulting from extraction of fruits and vegetables is full of minerals, vitamins and phytonutrients (plant nutrients) which the body can absorb readily; as a result, the digestive system is able to avail some rest and relaxation from routine working on fibers which are an inevitable part of the whole fruits.
For the users, it is advisable to always use a juicer of high-quality e.g. the Hurom juicer, because the cheap centrifugal juicers are liable to break easily, produce juice of an inferior quality, and produce a very loud noise.
In order to make the juice taste great, healthier and more palatable, it is better to add one of the following:
3. Cranberries— a lavish source of antioxidants, which are known to protect against heart disease, malignancies, stroke etc. Also, the photo-nutrients present in them help the female gender to evade urinary tract infections
Addition of a piece of fresh ginger is a marvelous way to prevent atherosclerosis as well as to lower the levels of bad cholesterol.
It may not be out of place to mention here that after preparing the juice, it is better to drink it as soon as possible or best within thirty minutes of preparations so as to get the maximum benefits from it.
Another important factor is to clean the juicer immediately after juicing; otherwise the remnants would serve as a medium for molds.
Now let us discuss the advantages of juicing:
– Most of the beneficial nutrients, antioxidants and disease fighting chemicals are found in the juices of fruits and vegetables hence it is not a bad idea to obtain these by juicing.
– Research shows that individuals who consume three or more servings of fruit and vegetable juices in a week are less likely to develop Alzheimer’s disease. This benefit is credited to the polyphenols, which is a type of antioxidant plentiful in the skins and peels of certain fruits and vegetables.Additionally, the manner of thinking becomes clearer.
– You feel yourself full of energy, positive and cheerful
– You notice a heightened sense of taste and smell
– They overfill your body with so much nutrients that you rarely feel hungry
– Juices help to remove toxins from the body
– Assist the process of digestion and keep digestive disturbances to nil
– Juicing helps in absorption of almost all the nutrients from the fruits and vegetables, except the pulp which contains fiber, which could be collected from the juicer and used in other ways
– Reduces the risk of various types of cancer
– A regular consumption of juices serves to maintain your blood pressure, within normal limits.
– Juicing fruits and vegetables saturates the body with nutrients that help the body to heal from the damages incurred by daily wear and tear.
– If anyone wants to lose weight, he or she should adopt a regular juicing program; the results of which are amazing and beyond imagination
– Your skin becomes silky, smooth and gleaming and your hair and nails grow speedily.
– Your immune function heightens enabling you to avoid getting sick frequently. You get greater charge over your appetite
– Your will power improves greatly
– Those of you, who cultivate friendship with juices can avoid cataract and mascular degeneration both of which are well-known causes of blindness.
If you decide on getting a juicer I recommend either the Hurom Juicer or the similar Omega juicer and if you choose a blender, get the Blendtec Home Blender (ES3 HP3A) which is a 3 horsepower blender.