Hurom is also called a SLOW juicer and it has different operating instructions compare to a regular high-speed juicers.
Slow Juicer – User Instruction
For best results, please take note of the following:
– Do not input ice or hard frozen fruit.
– Remove any hard seeds from fruits before juicing. Violating this warning may cause serious damage especially to the squeezing screw.
– Hard nuts and beans should be soaked in warm water for at least 4 hours before grinding with some water.
– Use only the plunger that comes with the machine. Never stick knives, chopsticks or forks etc into the hopper.
– If the machine gets stuck or stops while juicing, turn it off and press ‘reverse’ for a few seconds. Press ‘on’ again to continue operation.
– Check that the yellow rubber stopper underneath the juicing bowl is securely closed before starting to juice.
– Cut up fruits/vegetables into length no larger than 2 inches for optimal extraction. – Drop food into feeding tube. Do not push or force down. The pusher provided is only to use if food becomes stuck.
– Insert food at a slow pace, allowing all the pulp to extract. For maximum efficiency, do not overcrowd or rush.
– When juicing leafy greens, it is suggested that you mix it with fruits for optimal results.
– For easier cleaning after you have finished your juicing, pour water through the juicing bowl while the motor is running to do the ‘self-cleaning’ function. Let the motor run for a short while until the water runs clear through the juicing bowl.
Stop the motor and then disassemble the juicing bowl for thorough cleaning.
Go home page, Hurom Juicer